Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Like nails to a chalkboard



There are some things in life you just don't want to hear, but cannot avoid hearing. No matter how much you try to block it out, its sound still lingers; because not only do people remind you of it, you begin to dwell on it. For instance, in my case, I really hate people asking why I'm so skinny. Yeh, I just eat the tiniest of peas and drink water all day. Gaah! Get over it! Or when people ask, what degree I did at uni and consequently ask 'why not nursing?' Oh.my.gosh. >_< My friend shared with me her example, which was constantly being asked by either her parents or other relatives, 'why are you still single?' and the good old 'what do you wanna do with your life?' hahaha!

Two friends and I attended a money-making seminar last night where the speaker asked, 'Who wants to retire at the age of 30?', and we were probably the only three people that did not raise our hands. Because let's face it, it is a nice thought, but c'mon. Really? Retire at 30? Honestly I don't mind the idea of working my way up and striving like my parents did, rather than taking the easy way out - that way I know that I'm enjoying my own personal growth just as they did.

It's truly a lifestyle choice. Like nails to a chalkboard, questions like those above cannot be ignored, however, we just gotta learn to perhaps take them with a grain of salt and block em out with some damn good earphones. Hehehe.


Till next time...

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment