Sunday, May 9, 2010

When I hear the 'Ketchup Song', I bolt.



This whole week has been all about my mother dear. It was here birthday last Wednesday (Happy Birthday Mommy!) and today was Mother's Day. You can say she was pretty darn spoiled. I gave her a clothes dryer for her birthday and treated her to an all-you-can-eat restaurant for Mother's Day. The restaurant's food was pretty average, normal soups, salads, pastas and meat selections. What was funny about it was that they played the cheesiest of 80s and 90s songs. We laughed and munched to 'Can't Touch This' by MC Hammer and laughed even more as we heard the start of 'Ice Ice Baby', with my 15 year old sister singing along. Lmao!

As soon as the 'Ketchup Song' came on, I got a headache. Kids raced towards the dance floor and began to dance in sync. Ugh. Despite the headache, the rest of the night was tolerable. There were worse songs to come, but I will no longer mention them.

At around 9pm, the Hawaiian and Polynesian dancers came on to start the 'show'. I must say, this was the highlight of the whole dinner. The MC, Tito, although a creep, was absolutely hilarious. He was picking people from each table to come up on stage and dance, thankfully, he wasn't able to pull me. Hehe. Everyone at that place ended up leaving with a big smile on their face - the show was its saving grace.

Earlier today, I showed my mom a powerpoint presentation I made especially for her. It consisted of pictures from when I was born, till today. Man oh man, the memories. Glad I managed to keep mom smiling though =)

So here's to all the yummy mummies out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! <3



Till next time..

xx aBz

PS, Love you mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment