Friday, November 19, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving break...

I'm back in New Jersey, and I've been here since Sunday (14th of November). I arrived here with one of my housemates, Gabi. We're staying with my tito here in Edison, New Jersey and have since then we've done the following: gone to the local mall; stumbled upon Times Square in New York; played in the biggest Toys R' Us in Times Square; visited PopTart World; gone shopping on 34th and Broadway; shopped in Jersey Gardens outlets; had authentic NY pizza at the well-known 'John's Pizzeria'; met up with and visited the MET with our friends Brodie, Dean and Bec (who are all on the Disney College Program); eaten at Ben & Jerry's (which Gabi loved); visited Madame Tussaud's famous wax museum of celebs; and bought our I heart NY shirts; and all of us had pre-Thanksgiving dinner back here in my relative's place (which was TO DIE FOR - did someone say TURKEY! =)) It's just too bad Gabi had to leave so soon, today actually (18th of November).



After we dropped Gabi off at Newark airport, I hung out with Brodie, Dean and Bec as they toured Downtown NY. The highlight: Ground Zero memorial. It's still in the process of being built, but just being there sent thrills up my spine. The last time I was there was April 2001 - just 5 months before they came down. We went into the 9/11 memorial store, which replayed footage of the chaos that happened on that fateful day all over the store. It was heartbreaking. Most of the people in-store could not help but shed a tear - me included. It was so surreal, the quote that struck me on one of the souvenirs was: "No Day Shall Erase You from the Memory of Time" - hits the heart. We then continued to head down Wall Street and saw the New York Stock Exchange, the biggest Tiffany & Co I've seen yet, and further down we took photos of the Brooklyn bridge. Feeling under the weather a bit (literally, as I only had 2 layers of clothing on), I decided to say goodbye to my friends early and go home. But before that, I took a little detour and went back on 42nd st and 6th ave (Grand Central Terminal) to look for the famous 'Magnolia' bakery, which was featured a couple of times on Sex and the City. I sampled their Magic Cookie Bar, and I gotta say, as good as it was, it does not compare to the one we have in WDW :) yay!

After my sweet treat, I made my way to MSG, where I was to catch a train from Penn Station to Metropark in Jersey, but before then, I bought myself a 'Nathan's Famous' cheese dog. Authentic NY hotdog, which did not disappoint. I felt like a New Yorker walking the streets of the 'Big Apple' on my own. I felt invincible. I really wanna live here And I can so picture myself doing so as well! Eventually, I would love to, if the opportunity presented itself then I'd jump at the chance.

Aah New York, what have you done to me? Haha! Oh well, I still have til Monday (22nd of November) here, til I go back to Fantasyland. Whoop-ti-dooo! Gotta make the most of it then.

Til next time.

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment