Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Food & Wine

Let me start by saying, 'I Love my Days off'. There's nothing better than taking my sweet time, not worrying about anything and just plain chillaxing. I had last Monday (November 1) and this Monday (November 8) off for two reasons: Boyz II Men and Hanson, respectively.

I needed some 'Me' time last Monday after a Halloween experience I can hardly remember, and now that I've heard stories and seen photos, I don't want to remember. I went to EPCOT for the Food & Wine Festival with my ever trusty D5000 in hand, and tried out some palatable dishes being offered at the 15th Food & Wine festival. Some of which included the cherry colada in Puerto Rico, the churro in Mexico, shrimp cake and noodles in Singapore, happy lychee in Chine, baklava in Morocco and much more. Dead set, it was looking out to be a good day. At around 4:30pm I then made my way to the stage where Boyz II Men was to perform. To my surprise, I was shown by a lovely cast member to a front row seat, I was ecstatic. D5000 in hand, I kept snapping away when the group (now 3) came on stage. They performed such hits like 'Motown Philly', 'On Bended Knee', 'Water Runs Dry' and my fave, 'I'll Make Love to You'. Once they sang the latter, they brought out a dozen roses each. I'm not gonna lie, I squealed. Shawn, the lead singer, a rose to every female in the front row, lucky me! I could not stop smiling after that. The best, nuff said. I also got to meet 'Beast' from Beauty and the Beast, as well as the EPCOT rep, 'Duffy'. Though I started the day hungover, it turned out to be such a great day!

Today was no exception. My roomie, Tegan decided to give me a tour of her workplace, The Boardwalk. I was already in awe looking at the scenery when we got off the G bus, and she goes, 'wait til you see the lobby'. I was floored. The lobby was absolutely amazing, I can only imagine what the actual rooms and villas look like. There were replicas of the Royal carousel and a rollercoaster in the lobby, and the resort was 1940s themed. We took a walk along the boardwalk (there was actually a real boardwalk!) and Tegan showed me a few of the shops that stood out, such as 'Jelly Rolls', 'Kouzzina' and the 'Flying Fish', this called for more snapping away at the D5000. Great start to the day. Next stop, EPCOT, a 5 minute walk from Boardwalk. here we go again with the cherry colada, then cheese soup at Canada, seared scallop in New Zealand, Golabki in Poland and the dreaded Belvedere Strawberry balsamic chiller, thanks Teegs. I was quite tipsy after skulling the (really concentrated) drink. Afterward, we went to see Kayla and Bec in line for Hanson. Oh dear, I didn't realise there would actually be a line - guess those guys are still huge, after Mmmbop. Even after getting married and having kids, those guys still know how to melt girls' hearts, girls from 10-100 years, it was quite amusing to see grandmas dancing and singing along to their hit(s). Absolutely entertaining, this group still has it. *Squeals* Zac! Love my days off...

Till next time.

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment