Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Apologies...

I've done poorly in keeping up with my posts, and for that, I do apologize.

The following post was actually written on the 13th of August, I've just been too lazy and tired to put it up:

Okay, so I've decided with my updates, I might shorten them a bit - depends on what or how I'm feeling...

In my last entry, I've filled you in on how home sick and exhausted I was. The present entry will be quite different. I've been feeling a lot better lately, especially about my job. The feeling I had last time was one of uncertainty and anxiety. I felt that everyday was a battle for survival, and it was starting to overwhelm me. I mean, I get how everyday is supposed to be a challenge and that I should just enjoy the ride and see where it takes me - but I felt suffocated. The uncertainty of my weekly work hours did nothing to alleviate my anxiety. I would always be dreading the thought of working, and I noticed that I wasn't the only one feeling this way, all of my housemates, as well as the others in the July intake did as well.

It takes quite a while of getting used to the different kind of jobs we have, we either juggle with the tasks in one job or we can get deployed to do other jobs in other places. And this can happen without notice, which in my opinion, is not only unfair but deceiving. We are told one thing and next thing you know, it gets what has been said gets changed in a blink of an eye. Truly and utterly unfair. But that's behind me now. If I get deployed again to a place I dislike, I will act straight away. I've learned my lesson.

The process of the thickening of the skin has truly begun. Looking forward to a break some time soon though.

Til next time.

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment