Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Now that the last post has been sorted out, coincidentally with that sign off of 'looking forward to a break some time soon', I am now here in New Jersey (Jersey Shore baybay! It was a coincidence. Honest!). Hahaha!

I arrived here on Sunday (29th of August) and will be here until Friday (3rd of September). I've been quite frankly, havin' a ball. I'm lovin' it here! I've missed my relatives; it's been almost 10 years since I've last seen them, particularly my cousins. And by golly, they have grown. They're taller than me now! Seriously, where has the time gone? Last I saw them, they were 7 and 9 years old; now they're young ladies. Young ladies who are about to go back to school later today. hahaha! bye summer. Hopefully they're asleep now. Sleep time guys!

Soon after my arrival, I was greeted to one of the best homemade meals I've had in a while: pasta-bake, garlic bread and fresh veggies. Heaven on earth.

Here's the low-down on what I've done here so far:

Monday (30 Aug) - visit my home girl, Lady Liberty in New York. We caught a ferry, went round Ellis Island a bit, took pictures with Lady Liberty, go round 33rd, 34th streets and Broadway for shopping at Victoria's Secret, H&M, Forever 21 and Dr.Jays; met up with my godmother from Manhattan; had Korean dinner and then head home. Almost shopped til I dropped, tsk tsk tsk...naughty.

Tuesday (31 Aug) - Wicked @ Broadway! Oh what a night it was, Wicked is now officially my fave theatre production. Getting the opportunity to watch it in New York makes me realize how lucky I really am. I am so thankful for my aunt and uncle for their generosity and for my accommodation - they have harbored in a fugitive (lolz!). From the moment I stepped foot on the plane to get here, I knew I would be welcomed so warmly and be well taken care of. Thanks for the ticket tita! Oh and I also bought my Juicy Couture zodiac necklace. Awesome.

Wednesday plans (01 Sept) - a day of pampering and more shopping (mani, pedi haircut and more!) I am so excited, just don't know if I should get the 'pixie' cut yet or wait til the end of the year. Hmm...

Well, that's all I can really share for now, but being here makes me understand why people wear those I heart NY shirts, I will soon be a proud owner of an 'I (Heart) NY' shirt!!

Til next time.


xx aBz =)

No comments:

Post a Comment