Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Me llama (My name is) Abbie...

So I'm back in Orlando. I've been back for about two weeks now. I found it pretty easy going back to work, to my routine. The first week went quick, I was refueled and felt refreshed from my little break; I felt really positive about the rest of my program. Two weeks and 48 hours of work later (to date), I'm still pretty positive, which is a good thing, I guess? I feel like I'm having too much fun now, it's starting to scare me. But hey, I deserve t have fun, I mean, how many times would I be able to do this? I might as well live it up!

Moving on... this past week I decided that I would embark on a new challenge. I will learn Spanish. Okay fine, I will TRY to learn Spanish. I went to the Disney Cast Centre on Friday and borrowed 'Spanish for Gringos'. Being Filipino, I find that it's pretty easy to learn el Espanol. For example, I've learned that the vowels (The Big Five letters) all have one unique sound, and it never changes :)

I started practicing what I learned at work the other day and greeted a family from Mexico with 'como esta usted?' (how are you?) and they replied with 'bien' (good). They actually thought that I was fluent and started going on a rant. I had to say 'mas despacio, por favor' (more slowly please) and explained that I am still learning (with big hand gestures, of course). Well, the point is, I'm slowly getting there and it will take a while but at least I'm trying. Aren't I a trooper? Hehe.

On another note, I am so jealous that three of my favourite people (Bec, Brodie and Gabi) are leaving for Miami tomorrow and will be gone for three days :(
I am simultaneously jealous, sad as well as happy for them. I cannot believe I could not get those days off. Grr! Perhaps next time, I still have time to travel. Here's to the next 115 days!

Til next time.

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment