Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh what a fail of a weekend

Okay, so in my previous post, I mentioned that I could've gone out and partied like no tomorrow (or something along those lines), well now it's Anzac Sunday, which means tomorrow's a public holiday and I still haven't gone out. I'm cooped up at home with a number of thoughts in my head. The weekend's been pretty interesting...

I had such a great night planned out for last night, go out with one of my BFF's and stay local, yet have such a great night of drinking, dancing and laughing hysterically. And then I had to break the news to her that I couldn't go out as I felt guilty of going out every week; so she says she'll go out with some friends to the city *dstare. So there I was on my bed with my laptop and she calls back like 30 minutes later saying that things went wrong, and long story short, she wasn't going out either. lolz! I take back my *dstare :p

The start of today was pretty dull: wake up extra early, work out, get on bike, breakfast with fam, watch a Disney movie and then I fell asleep again at around 1pm and I totally missed the Skype call with my dad. Whoops. I'll fast forward to 5pm...

Never would I have thought that at this point would I have argued so much with my mom and at the same time, by being honest, I almost lost an exceptional friend. By 6:40pm, I was a wreck. I was at my lowest since I don't know when. I was confused and vulnerable; I almost could not contain myself, I felt as if I was gonna explode at my family in the car, on the way home.

Personal stuff went down and to make it short and sweet, I questioned my own values and beliefs, my integrity and most importantly, the people I trust. I was so close to losing this friend of mine that it nearly killed me. I could not bare to lose 'em. Thankfully, they were understanding enough and listened to my situation, gave advise and did not give me the cold shoulder. Gotta love 'em! <3

If there's one thing I've learnt tonight, good friends are a diamond in the rough. You know they're true when they stick with you even at your lowest, ready to lend a hand or even an ear; and when you're being honest (no matter how brutal it may be), they're there to take it. You gotta learn to see the good in everyone and not judge 'em off the bat, thankfully, I did. And I do not regret meeting this person one bit.

Til next time..

xx aBz

No comments:

Post a Comment