Friday, April 30, 2010

'Who is your hero and why?'

** Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership to any of the images and videos shown below. This is purely for promotional purposes only **



Dinner tonight consisted of the 'Selections' Dinner Box from McDonald's + 1 large Chai latte + 4 large sundaes and 4 apple pies (all thanks to Reiko!!). While we sat at home eating, I read the 'stories to share over dinner' that was on the McDonald's box, and one was 'Who is your hero and why?'; to which my mom immediately answered: Iron Man! =)



Let me explain. Earlier tonight we watched Iron Man 2 and FYI, Iron Man 2 = Absolutely Mind Blowing. This is my favourite movie at the moment! I cannot get over how good it was. Aside from the freakishly awesome effects, there were no over the top action scenes, nor were there any dragging moments. Oh, and the hype around Scarlett Johansson (which I thought would have been overrated) was totally understandable, she was fan-damn-tastic! I don't normally like her acting because of her facial expressions, but here, since not much facial expressions are needed, she kicks ass. Go the hurracanranna!! Another new-comer was the character of Mickey Rourke. He was great as usual and did not disappoint, although I must admit that I was expecting him to go ballistic at one point and kill his bird (cockatoo), or something like that. Hehehe.




Don Cheadle (who I think replaced Terrence Howard) plays James Rhodes, Iron Man's best friend. He played the typical good friend, only wanting what's best for his mate and for the American public in general. Look out for "the Ex-Wife". LOLZ!

This movie made me realise how attractive Robert Downey Jr. actually is - so charming; and I doubt that I'm the only one that thinks so ;)

The smooth way of showing his intellectuality, the way he goes on a rant in a few parts and not to mention his physique... *drools* I know the guy is a bit older than I am, but come on. Seriously, come on. *wink wink*

Aah. I can go to bed happy tonight, knowing that I've seen what is probably the best movie of 2010. My mom loved it as well and couldn't stop raving about it in the car on the way home *sigh*.

Jon Favreau is a comic director genius! I wouldn't be surprised if this movie hits number one on the box office in no time. Iron Man does not take second place for anyone (even if the movie is number 2)!



=)

Well, till next time..

xx aBz

1 comment:

  1. What? No mention of a sneak-peak that Thor will be the next Marvel character to be introduced to the 'big-screen'

    (preview show after the end credits)

    ;) c'mon abz! lol

    ReplyDelete